Job Title: International Cheerleading Coach (Assistant/Junior/Head)
Job Classification: Casual/Contract/Part-time/Full-time/Permanent
The position is responsible for coaching student-athletes in competitive and/or recreational cheerleading to prepare them for events or competition.
The position motivates student-athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
The position is responsible for helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
The position is responsible for building, recruiting and maintaining a competitive and recreational cheer and dance program consistent with all the goals of Inferno Cheer and Dance Pty Ltd and the policies, procedures and code of conduct.
- Some experience as a competitive Cheerleader/Dancer/Gymnast or Cheerleading/Dance/Gymnastics Coach at any level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, fellow coaches/staff, parents, and students.
- Preferred – USASF/IASF coaching credentials or dance and gymnastics equivalent.
- Must have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Must have a current full First aid qualification.
- Must be respectable and responsible.
- Must be competent and knowledgeable of current sports philosophies.
- Must demonstrate the ability to promote and encourage professional and social leadership and teamwork skills.
- Must always be professional in both appearance and conduct.
- Must have a sound ability to prioritise, organise, self-direct and time manage.
- Works with students and participants during practices, events and competitions.
- Assesses skills and assigns team/class positions.
- Work solely or in conjunction with other coaches to deliver creative and maximum scoring choreography across all teams/classes.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organises practise time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the head coaches and director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Communicates with head coaches and Director to secure facilities to ensure safe practice/competition environment for students.
- Coaches and instructs cheerleaders and dancers, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Supports the philosophy, programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals and proper conditioning communicated by the head coach.
- Communicates and plans with the head coach practice sessions and competition strategies which ensure the health and physical well-being of the student participants.
- Observes all students, during events and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behaviour and always provides proper supervision of students.
- Monitors the performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury, including the appropriate documentation.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their student.
- Follows national and global regulations governing the program.
- Engages in personal professional development activities.
- Models sports-like behaviour and maintain appropriate conduct towards students, staff, parents, officials, and spectators.
- Models and instils the values of sportsmanship and fair play to all participants and enforces consequences for breach of such standards.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes the club by communicating with the news media, other and feeder clubs, and other organisations.
- Assists and conducts daily, weekly and monthly social media marketing activities and targets with a consultation with head coaches and the Director.
- Follows established procedures for supplies and uniforms and assist in the orderly distribution and collection of uniforms and equipment.
- Works with the director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include student and parent’s night, award nights, fundraising events, charity events, etc.
- Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data, student rolls, insurance and injury records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
- Maintain the highest possible standard of customer service and service delivery.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any, and all other related duties as assigned by the head coaches and Director or other appropriate administrators.