There are several things to consider when selecting the best cheerleading & dancing school, in your area!
Whether you are new to the sport or are looking to relocate, these must-haves will ensure you will receive the best experience and value for money.
1. State of the art, Training facilities
The atmosphere and environment that you train in are SO important! Regularly refurbished facilities, ensure the safety of athletes/students and that they have a space that looks after their overall wellbeing. It also helps to motivate them each time they come through the door and gets them excited to be in the gym and staying active!
2. Top of the line, Equipment
The better the equipment, the more ‘equipped’ your athlete! Make sure the gym has the appropriate quality apparatus to progress your child in a safe and fun way! Here is a list of the essential equipment the facility must have:
- FULL competition-size sprung floor
- Sprung dance floor
- Air tracks
- Tumbling aids (such as wedges, boulders, crash mats)
- Trampoline tumble track
3. Dedicated Coaches & Knowledgeable Instructors
Coaches should be approachable and always look after the athlete’s wellbeing!
- They must be award-winning and have extensive knowledge about the sport and latest teaching techniques!
- They must also work closely to perfecting and progressing skills in a safe way and ensure the athletes are pushed to be the best they can be!
- They must have a passion for both Cheerleading and Dancing and love to help others grow and develop!
4. The Vibe attracts the Tribe
The vibe of the gym or studio is everything! We like to have a supportive and positive vibe AT ALL TIMES! Supporting each other, supporting the parents, supporting the coaches; everyone should have each other’s backs, a tight cheer and dance FAMILY mentality.
We also want a place for athletes to go and to express themselves freely and feel safe to be their absolute best selves! A place where their insecurities can disappear or leave their bad days behind as soon as they walk through the door; a place where they know they are always welcome no matter what!
5. Strong Professional Relationships & Trust
The professional relationship between Coaches, Parents and Athletes is SO important! Parents and Athletes must trust the process! And trust that the coaches have the best intentions and want the best for each and every athlete! We all want to succeed so let’s work TOGETHER!
6. Perfection before Progression
It is important for a studio to make sure their athletes are progressing steadily and SAFELY! Perfection before progression instils the mindset of finishing off the skill to the absolute best of their ability in order to move onto the next. It promotes longevity in the sport and increases enjoyment through learning and mastering of skills!
7. State & National title-winning choreography
These athletes spend so much of their time practising and perfecting their skills in the gym so it is important for the studio to ensure they are giving choreography that showcases the athletes and strengths of their athletes! At the end of the day, we want our athletes to be rewarded for all of the hard work they put into their skills and their team so giving them award-winning choreography is paramount!